Sunday, February 10, 2008

How Could You Not See Something That Blue?

Yesterday I was going to go hang out at my favorite local quilt store, Intown Quilters. Instead, I got an answer to the question, "What would happen if I was riding with my husband to his job and another car ran a red light and t-boned my Saturn?" I didn't really have a burning curiosity about this. But I got an answer anyway. And so it goes.
Actually, I think the accident was worse than the photo looks. Yes, that is the muffler under the tire. I love that Saturn. It did its job and took the brunt of the impact. And when we stopped spinning, the OnStar people called, just like in the commercial. While I was standing there looking at the tires which were at a 45 degree angle to the car, the policer officer asked if we could drive it away. He should have asked the other driver how they could not see that big rolling blueberry in the middle of the intersection.

Fortunately, no one was seriously injured. Stiff and sore, but otherwise ok. Well enough to take a quick look around Intown today. And by "quick", I mean slow and shuffling. I nabbed a big floral print from the 50% off table. It was calling to me singing, "embellish me." I actually killed the bolt which always gives me a thrill. "I'll take what's left", is one of my favorite things to say in the fabric store. And I got an Amy Butler purse pattern. They have some great new stuff in there and they were having a red tag sale. I'm sure I would have spent more if I wasn't feeling like I'd been hit by a speeding car. Proof that people who run red lights are bad for the economy. Let's just hope I'm back on my wheels in time for the shop hop in two weeks.

No comments: