Friday, August 8, 2008

Let the Games Begin - But Give Me a Minute First

The Olympics are about to start and I am woefully unprepared with hand projects to work on during my must-see events. I'm a little bit of a summer olympic nut. It's weird if you know me because I'm not much of a sports fan. But I get into the Olympics. I must watch gymnastics, diving, swimming, and track and field. Maybe some tennis and basketball. And some bicycling. And maybe some synchronized swimming. You get the picture.

But I've been preoccupied with other things and neglected to get my hand work together. It's not that I don't have hand projects. There are a few projects waiting to be pieced or quilted. But I don't have the right batting, or the right thread, or a clue about how to quilt something. I might have to pick up a UFO.

I have done some quilting on the cityscape. I have most of the wig shop quilted. Sorry, no pictures. I'm too lazy to get the camera out plus there are loose threads all over the top. There's a project right there. Schnoobie said there are no wig stores in her town and it made be laugh because there was one on every block in the neighborhood where I grew up. Seriously. They are like Starbucks. They didn't just sell hair and wigs you know. You could get jewelry, clothes, toys - pretty much anything made in China - in those places.

Which brings us back the Olympics. In addition to not preparing any hand work projects, I just realized that we are also out of ice cream. We are so unprepared.

3 comments:

mathea said...

How about joining the Quilting Olympics? Start a new project and finish it by the closong ceremony - there is still time...
http://goingtopieces.blogspot.com/2008/08/quilting-olympics.html

Fibra Artysta said...

I'm doing my own little U.F.O. Olympics to try to finish up as many projects as I can before the Olympics are over. I have so much half done stuff that I can't start something new right now.

I love the Olympics too, I like to knit during it. And hand stitch too. And spin on my spindle. Pretty much anything that requires me to sit still! LOL! :)

City Girl Quilter said...

I wasn't going to do it but I decided to join the Quilting Olympics. I really wanted to do some applique.

I don't even want to know about spinning. I need another fiber craft like I need a hole in my head!