Thursday, May 22, 2008

iQuilt



I finished the improv quilt. Since I just made up the cutting and piecing, I decided to just make up the quilting as I went along. It was fun. I got to play with lots of different threads and lots of different stitches. I'm relatively new to the machine quilting thing - at least new to doing it correctly. So this was my chance to experiment. It's almost like a sampler. I'm sure I will refer to it when I'm doing more deliberate machine quilting. The quilt is raw edge applique, machine pieced and quilted. The fabric is hand dyed.

I ended up naming the quilt, "This is Your Brain on Shuffle." I was listening to iTunes while I was quilting and I had it set to shuffle. I have wide ranging tastes in music. The randomness of the songs that were playing was entertaining and kind of like the quilt.

You know what? Quilting is fun.

3 comments:

swooze said...

Wow I love your quilt! Have you ever seen Katie Pasquini Masopaust's work? You would love it!

City Girl Quilter said...

Thank you.

I had not seen her work so I googled her. I really like her stuff. So thank you for that too.

Check her out. http://www.katiepm.com/mainframe.html.

margaret said...

Great idea, the "sampler" for the quilting. Did the different music affect your quilting - like drawing to music is different with, eg, jazz than classical?