Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm Off To A Slow Start

I got some needle turn applique done today. That's about it quilt wise for the week. You would think that during a week where no one worked I would have gotten more done. But no, life kept me away from my sewing. It was somewhat distracting because all week I felt like I wanted to be in my studio but couldn't get in there. I don't want to be distracted from life by my creative drive. I value my work and my family. I don't want it to seem like I would rather be quilting when I need to be focused on them. I used to make a habit of working in my sketch book on days I couldn't get to sewing. I think I need to go back to that practice to keep everything in balance.

I also need to make my studio more kid friendly so my son can hang out in there while I'm working. Right now, it's not safe in there for my husband let alone my kid. He likes being in there, but I'm always worried he's going to step on a pin or pull the iron down on his head (my son, not my husband - although those are risks for him too). So I guess I'll add, "clean and baby proof the studio" to the list of things to do. That's something that would make all of us happy.

2 comments:

Zegi said...

LOL! Husband-proofing the room...would that include hiding the stash?!

City Girl Quilter said...

I think the piles of paperwork, books and magazines everywhere distract him from the stash. To a virgo like my husband, clutter is like garlic to a vampire. Actually, he has his own hobbies. I don't ask about the size of his stash, he doesn't ask about the size of mine.